Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm FLYing!

At least I guess I am. I have routines in place, and they get done on a semi-regular basis. I'm not perfect, but in general the house goes from pretty darn clean to just somewhat messy over the week. Sometimes it gets worse than I can stand, and honestly we did about 4 hours of work this weekend to clean it up, but that involved a lot of re-arranging furniture to make the house for people-friendly.

Anyway, I think having more time helps, as does the lack of killer sinus headaches all the time. But really, you know what helped the most? Finally ditching all of my cool Web 2.0 ideas for tracking my to do list. I've tried Outlook's to do list, various calandars and to do list applications and web sites... and finally I just got a notebook and some clear folder and a dry erase marker. And you know what? It works best. It's simple and you don't have to do a lot of work if you've missed things. I always spent so much time trying to get my online to do lsits caught up with where I really was, or I'd forget to check things off, or whatever. I was so sure I'd like to have a graph to display and show myself improving, but you know what? I never had enough data or accurate data to ever do that.

But I do have a clean house and just a small notebook of tasks.

No comments: